Background

Friday, July 10, 2015

Apple Pickin'....Peaceful Garden....Halloween....

Before I forget, I wanted to say thank you so very much for your comments - they really do mean so much to me :) I just wish I could figure out how to reply properly back to each of you but I do want to say that I love hearing from all of you :) So again my sincerest thank you to each of you :)

I have been stitching a little bit here and there with my non-stitching hand on Lynn's Prints - Apple Pickin


Physical therapy is really taking it's toll on my stitching arm/hand so I haven't been doing as much as I'd like - I think under normal circumstances by now I'd be done with this....I am stitching this on white Monaco but my camera is lousy - and sorry for the alignment - some day I'll get the photos straightened out when posting....


I've joined up with a stitching group on FB and they are having 2 upcoming SALs that I have tentatively signed up for later this year - I think they both start in late August - one is for a sampler stitch-a-long and the other is for a Halloween stitch-a-long. I am turning 50 in August and I decided I wanted to mark the occasion by choosing a special pattern to do - and well, I fell in love with Moira Blackburn's Peaceful Garden - https://stitchandfrog.com/cross-stitch/peaceful-garden-sampler - if you click on the image at StitchandFrog's website, a separate image will appear - you can then double-click on the 4 arrows in the bottom right corner on it and a really large image appears - it's the largest I've been able to find online to really see the details. I've seen a picture of a friend's completed piece that she did - no color or fabric changes - and the colors are so much richer than the photographs shown on the models on websites - I've just fallen in love with it - a couple of other sampler groups I've joined with on FB - when I mentioned this sampler, people raved about it so I think I am making a very wise choice :)


For the Halloween SAL, well, normally I really don't do Halloween - where we live, there really aren't many kids who come around trick-or-treating and we don't have any kids in the immediate family - but anyways, yesterday I was at a local senior thrift store and was looking through their craft section and found a couple of old BHG Cross Stitch & Country Craft magazines - and one had a really cute haunted house pattern on the cover - they have it as a banner but I'll probably frame mine - not sure if my hand will be up to doing all this stitching but it sure is cute - I found a picture of the completed piece online - not sure if I like it with all the buttons - I think it's a bit overkill - maybe some smaller sized buttons would look better.


Oh and for a laugh, here is a photo of my stitching stand - my $3.99 papertowel holder - I brace it between my knee and stomach, lean my hoop against the wooden post, lean my right hand against the metal bar as it rolls a lot, and try to stitch as I can with my left hand - I have to prop my feet up high on a footstool to do this so I can only stitch for short periods of time. I look silly and it's very tiring but it's better than no stitching at all!


1 comment:

Justine said...

Your Apple picker is so cute - well done on managing to stitch with your other hand! What a great way to celebrate your significant birthday!