Background

Friday, February 21, 2014

Well, I tried....

First off. Welcome to my new followers :) Thank you so much for joining me on my wonky journey!

What did I try today? I decided to play with the sewing machine for a bit and some scraps of fabric I had left over - I've seen those cute fabric triangle ort / thread catchers that were popular to make awhile back so I thought what the heck - I'd give it a go.

Here's the tutorial I used: Triangle Ort Thread Catcher Instructions are very clear and look easy enough.

Thoughts on results: 
  • Admittedly, I am not an expert sewer, especially with triangles - need to practice more.
  • Feel it needs to be of a larger size for home use - pattern size is good for traveling - or I've got fat fingers.
  • Understand the need to reinforce corners but felt it was a bit overkill. Did this every time I came to a corner, whether inside out or right-side out. Of course, she suggested rounded corners when you first sew - and I am not comfortable with doing that.
So here it is:















My camera is being a brat and making a burgundy-colored thread catcher with pearlized buttons look washed out.

Maybe I could put it over my nose and have a side-show as a clown or wear it as a funny hat.

Nah.
:)






3 comments:

sharine said...

Lol. I think it looks great:)

Jan Jones said...

Well at least you took the initiative and tried. Most people wouldn't even have done that. By the way I think it looks great!

Miss LindaLee said...

I love the little ort holder and think you did a nice job.
LindaLee from
CrossN' My Stitches