Background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What was I thinking?

Ya know when inspiration strikes and you think, oh boy! Today's the day! I will do something productive, creative, beautiful, fantastic....something to be proud of! There's no stopping me! I have all the supplies I need, it is nice and quiet, just a perfect day to do a project.

Well. Well not. Well I don't know. ~looking over at project~ yikes. Criminey.

I am going to be starting Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks - all on the same piece of fabric. Decided to "save" some money and paint the fabric myself. I used to do a lot of fabric painting, very detailed work, have taken many an art class both painting and drawing, so I feel pretty confident with my skill-set.

Boy, am I dumb.

I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I did blue and soft lavender (think snowbanks) with diamond looking glitter allover it. Lavender is good, glitter is great. Blue? Oi vey, what was I thinking? Looks more ocean waves than snowbanks. Am hoping stitching over some of the areas will tone it down.

Or else, I will be stitching this project more than once. That's what I get for being "cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap" and try to save a few pennies. I just don't like the grey color of background the original calls for.

And no, no pics yet. Maybe once I get a lot of stitching on it, then....maybe.

P.s. I just read this post out-loud to my mom. She told me she was so GLAD I posted this so I can warn others to make sure you have the right supplies and tools instead of trying to substitute. Gee, thanks mom!

Ugh.
:)

1 comment:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

HAHAHA! I bet when yours is all done it will be the most beautiful of all!