Background

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ortolan & TUSAL

This is Ortolan, part of the Ortolan Bunting family. He is going to help me keep on track to make sure I do my TUSAL posts. A little information about Ortolans: it is a very rare songbird - many times a one-time guest at the dinner table - thankfully this is now outlawed but often ignored to this day, unfortunately.

Anyways, without further ado, here is my 1st TUSAL:


Don't you love my "fancy" ORT container? It's a super-cute teeny plastic water cup! Hey, any port in a storm, right? My original ORT container is being used to house my earring collection at the moment so I need to find something else. I am stitching a small Christmas ornament in 2 different shades of red DMC (leftover floss from another project) on 22ct. My idea is to try to do at least 1 ornament per TUSAL post, so hopefully, by the end of the year, I will have a few to put on my tree! This is a freebie I found online - if you do a search for free one color cross stitch patterns, it shows up everywhere. Not sure who the original designer is. I would have more done but my family and I are starting 2014 off with a nice bug. Oh happy happy, joy joy! Ha!


1 comment:

AnaCristina said...

Hello!
Happy New Year!
★★★★★★★★★
My first TUSAL of the year 2014 you can see here:
http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/tusal-112-ano-3.html