Background

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Latest Stitching Meme / Questions....

These have been floating around on a few blogs I read so I thought I'd try my hand at them:

1) Which fabric do you most prefer? Monaco. I do love working on linens but being on a tight budget most of the time, Monaco is my go-to-never-fail-me fabric.

2) What is your favorite fabric count? 14/28, 16/32 or 22 ct.

3) What colour fabric do you most enjoy stitching on? I'm slowly getting into stitching on colored fabric - hand-painted or airbrushed. i notice I like a lot of designs with a touch of blue in the background. Must be the salt water in my veins!

4) What is your favorite fibre? Oh, silk. Definitely silk. I've been gifted twice with some and oh, it is a luscious treat!

5) How many of the 450 DMC Colours do you own? I honestly do not know. Not all of them. I keep saying I'm going to re-organize my floss (many moons counting since I started that phrase!) - I do know that someday I hope to be able to order a full set.

6) Of your last five projects—how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss? DMC. I've only used Anchor as the main floss for one project - it turned out beautiful but I'm a DMC fan.

7) Of the last five projects, if you didn’t use DMC/Anchor—what did you use? See above.

8) What needles do you prefer? Any that I can get the floss through! I prefer John James petites (don't ask me what size) but I've even been know to stitch with a needle from a sewing kit from the local Dollar Tree Store!

9) What is the UGLIEST design you’ve encountered? Hmm, there are a lot I could include here but I will be nice.

10) What is the most BEAUTIFUL design you’ve encountered? That is a super difficult question - there are so many out there that capture my eye in different ways - I see beautiful as also sentimental so it's hard to state just one or two.

11) Who is your favourite designer? Oh, wow. umm. This is hard - I really like some designers for their overall catalog of designs, then I just like one or two designs of others.

12) Least favourite designer? Designers who can't come up with original ideas or styles - I don't care for copycats.

13) Will you/would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended/angered you? No. I have better things to do with my time and I don't think my support would make that much difference in the long run. It's not that I am a prejudiced prude by any means - there has only been 1 designer who I found did a design that really offended me and I told them about it. I stopped following their blog. That was about it.

14) Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters? I wish - maybe some day.

15) What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer? Ott I guess. Something with decent light!

16) What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching? One where I am not interrupted too much really. I need it quiet to stitch - t.v. is good, radio is o.k. too. Just don't expect me to interact very much or get into an in-depth conversation!

17) Have you stitched any design more than once? I'm trying to think. I think I have once - yeah, in fact, I have - it was of a beautiful teacup / saucer set sitting on a lace doily.

18) Favourite design you have stitched and finished? Hmm. Hard to say. I think it is of the kimono I did - which is in storage - in another state. Ugh.

19) Least favourite design you’ve stitched and finished? A pig in a polka-dot bikini. Don't ask. It was an experiment that went south!

20) Last, but not least, what’s your longest running WIP? There are 2 I can think of immediately. One is of an orca rising up out of the water. The other is a Mirabilia.

No comments: