Background

Friday, September 6, 2013

NaBloPoMo - Serve - Day 5....

Friday, September 6, 2013
Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Have you ever felt as if you changed the world?

No and I never want to feel that way. For one thing, to honestly assess any impact I may have, I could not do so without being biased - and I do not know anyone who would be able to without being biased. What might seem correct and positive in your mind and heart may or may not be how others feel or perceive your actions / reactions. Also, to do so is too egocentric. I think the best I can strive for is to try to do the best I can in a given moment - yet also realize that I am extremely human, not perfect, and will have misgivings / mistakes, etc. I do not want to spend my time having to do a "clean-up on isle 5" every time I turn around nor do I want anyone else to do so because of me. I am solely accountable for who I am and how I am. If I can lay my head down to sleep at the end of the day with a sense of peace inside, I think that is a good thing and it makes my own world a tad better and therefore, better for those around me.

No comments: