Background

Friday, August 9, 2013

You're Nominated - Yes, You!....

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things so I wanted to make sure I get this posted as soon as I was really feeling up to it - I have a series of Question of the Day I do at another site so having to think up new questions (especially when my braincell was not too coherent and physically, I was very under the weather) was a bit more than I wanted to be challenged by. So without further ado....



To my delighted surprised, my little ol' blog was nominated by Our Little Family for the Liebster Award. I consider this a Pay It Forward type award - everyone wins so to speak. I get to answer some questions and share 11 facts about me to the world and to my nominator (I feel like I've won the Oscars - should I do an acceptance speech? Nah - don't want to bore anyone!)


O.k. so first here's my answers to the questions:

1. Coke or Pepsi
 - Oh, most definitely Coca Cola Classic, over ice pretty please. 
2. What’s your favorite movie of all time
-  Ugh. That's like asking what is your favorite flavor of ice cream! Hmm....to play it safe, I'll answer Singing In The Rain.
3. What’s you best childhood memory?
- Seeing the Nutcracker Ballet.
4. What would your “Best Day Ever” be?
- Beach with family all healthy and dolphins playing in the surf. 
5. Are you a Morning Person or a Night Person?
- I don't know. My sleep cycle is so messed up anymore, I've forgotten!
6. One thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
- I can do some pretty decent cartoon character voices.
7. Why did you start blogging?
- Because I'm tired of arguing with the voices in my head so I'd thought I'd direct my efforts elsewhere. Ha!
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Exercising my mind - being creative. I need to be challenged. Well, most of the time.
9. Your favorite ice cream flavor?
-  I knew it I knew it I knew it!!! Ice cream would be mentioned somewhere! Right now, tropical sherbert!
10. Do you have pets? How many?
- Not at the moment unfortunately :(
11. If you could do any one thing what would it be.
- Ride roller-coasters! I can't because of my heart condition.

Now here are 11 facts - tell them Johnny what they've won....(sorry, in a bit of a goofy mood right now)

1. I once worked with a lady who was going to name her new daughter Jezebel. Glad she changed her mind!
2. I actually enjoy doing math. Up to a point. Then my braincell tweaks.
3. I get the need to go and do adventurous things that most people find crazy, just for the heck of it.
4. I can't whistle worth a darn but I can do a pretty good donkey bray or Mr. Limpet impersonation.
5. Calvin and Garfield are my mentors.
6. There are 2 lighthouses in the same room with me at the moment. One lights up when it rings - sporadically - well, at least in theory. Got it to work once.
7. I absolutely detest getting my picture taken. Truly hate it! I freeze up and look way too grumpy.
8. I'm distantly related to at least 2 living former Presidents of the USA. Also to a bunch of other rather noted historical people.
9. Somewhere around here I have a replica Samurai sword (non-cutting of course; yes, full size).
10. My eyes change color naturally all the time - very noticeably too -  depending on mood, health, what I'm wearing, where I'm at, etc.
11. I like to read dictionaries. Yes, I am weird but then that should be of no surprise to anyone by now.

Here's where YOU come in! I'm nominating YOU!!!! Anyone who wants to answer or participate in this, please do so - please leave me a comment so I can come see your answers!

Rules for Nominees
- Link back to your nominating blog
- Answer the questions they have provided
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate blogs with less than 20 followers (I'm bending the rule on this one) :)
- Create 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Contact your nominees and let them know
Questions for Nominees
1. What is the first piece of jewelry you ever owned?
2. Describe yourself in 3 words - that all start with the same letter.
3. Pineapple or cranberry?
4. What song sets your toes to tapping?
5. Who is your favorite politician? Yes, they can be from a former era.
6. If the moon was made of cheese, what kind would it be?
7. What are you looking at right now (besides your computer screen)?
8. What mystery of the world would you like to know the answer to?
9. Do you have any plastic lawn animals or gnomes?
10. What book would you like to see made into a movie (even if you were the only one to watch it)?
11. Share a secret (that you can). Don't worry, I won't tell anyone :)

No comments: