Background

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reading Marathon Part 2....

These are the two books I have lined up to read next (gotta love the local library!) - I am not sure which one I will read next as they both look like very good reads!

Summary: Rachel, a woman of exquisite beauty, descends on the great Cornwall estate of Philip Ashley. Despite his aroused suspicions, she soon enchants him. In this tale of good and evil, Philip must decide whether the glorious Rachel, the recent mysterious widow of his beloved cousin, is out to destroy him or is the innocent victim of devious man with a tremendous longing to be loved. His fate and his future lie in the answer to this deadly question.
I have always been fascinated by Daphne de Maurier ever since I saw the movie Rebecca. While I have not seen the movie My Cousin Rachel with Olivia de Havilland and Richard Burton, I think it will be soon added to my watch list. 
Summary: Tells the true story of a British soldier who was held in a POW labor camp in the summer of 1944 and willingly smuggled himself into the Buna-Monowitz concentration camp--known as Auschwitz III--to witness firsthand the cruelty there.

I tried to post more information about the story but Blogger is being a bugger tonight (yes, I know I gritched about it in my other Reading Marathon post too) :)

I'm feeling old and cranky today so that's that.

No comments: