Background

Monday, July 1, 2013

Connect - Day 1

Today's suggested question is: Write about the last time you connected with a friend.

That's easy. Yesterday early evening, my older sister was sitting at the dining-room table, working on her computer. She pushed her chair back a bit while stating how hot she felt. Mind you, we've been feeling the heat all day even here in WA state, and I was tired of hearing the same thing over and over (God only knows what it will be like when we are a couple of ol' farts sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs with lousy fitting dentures, and the yammering that will be going on!). Did I happen to mention she was named after a cheerleader? She really should have been a tour-guide or talk-show host as she is quite the chatterbox (with the kindest heart). 

You're probably wondering by now, what does all that have to do with "connecting with a friend"? Well, I was in the kitchen getting a glass of cold water - and there was a clean plastic bowl in the dish drainer - and being the water-lover I am, don't you know that somehow that bowl managed to fill itself up and then was ceremoniously poured over aforementioned sister's head?

I connected with her alright :D

And thus, the water-fight ensued.

Postscript: the computer was fine, and the kitchen floor got mopped....sort of :)

2 comments:

Kalpana Misra said...

Hahaha - I loved that.

Winnie said...

ha ha ha. You cooled her off, and had fun in the process. I have 2 younger sisters and 3 younger brothers, so the picture this scene put in my head was priceless. The next sibling who visits this summer may get a surprise! Thanks for the chuckle!