Background

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A touch of bliss....

One of my all-time favorite magazines is Victoria (now known as Victoria Bliss). You can see a sneak-peek here: http://www.victoriamag.com/ 

They were originally known as Victoria and after several years worth of production, they stopped. But fortunately, they came back a few years ago. They are one of the very few magazines my family saves as a collection as the magazines have such a lovely, timeless quality. I love to savor them slowly - first I will look through the pages just to see all the lovely eye-candy. Then purposely waiting for a few days, when the right moment and mood presents itself, a much more leisurely stroll is taken amongst it's pages.

Besides the beautiful photography, sumptuous articles and decadent recipes, every so often, there will be a lovely or thoughtful quote attributed to an image - When I turned the inside cover of the current July / August issue, the following caught my attention and I enjoy it so much, I am seriously thinking of cross stitching it into a saying:
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer's day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds that float across the sky, is no means a waste of time."- John Lubbock

No comments: